The finger incident. The following pictures might be a bit much so beware!
Here we are, everyone is happy to be heading out on the trail.
Mr. Steel standing by the entering the wilderness sign.
And now the disturbing part. I was thinking to myself, "We're in no hurry. I'll let them look at the rocks." Then...
Dun DUN DUN!!!
All my girl did was turn to the side, slip and catch herself. POP! Finger broken. I fought the urge to try to put it in place and keep going but Greg was the voice of reason. He tossed her pack to me and then picked her up and headed off. Mr. Steel and I took up the rear and I spent the hike back telling him that we would re-do his birthday backpacking trip another time.




Ouch! This will become a picture she is proud of...eventually. She will tell the story and show the picture, enjoying the ooohhhhs and aaaawwwwwhhhhs.
ReplyDeleteLove to you,
Grandma Judy
oh wow!!! brave girl
ReplyDelete