Every now and then my kids say something I want to remember. Last week Mr. Steel stayed home with a stomach ache. It cleared up right after we got back from dropping the other two off. I had suspected as much, but sometimes its nice to spend a little quality one-on-one time without the other two trying to do flips to get your attention. Yes, they do that.
After a full day of doing nothing together we went back to pick up the rest of the crew. Nearly at the door, he slipped his hand in mine and said, "sometimes a man just needs to spend a day with his mom." His words found their mark. Its a little thing I'll treasure in my heart and pull out when I'm old, when things are too quiet, when I need a little reminder of how blessed I am.



So beautiful! That is one to remember.
ReplyDeleteI love it!! what a sweet heart!
ReplyDelete