The days are disappearing before the next writers conference. In the last calendar year I've sold three snippet articles to Focus on the Family. Three droplets of rain at the bottom of my wagon. When it fills up, perhaps a part time job will appear? Who knows.
I've always struggled to have confidence in myself. When my writers copy of a devotional I wrote came in the mail today, I felt embarrassed. Who am I to think that writing a few words and selling them is truly writing? It takes so much work to ignore my inner voice, that some days I shut the computer on my work and let it sit for another day.
This year the writers conference is looking for Novella (short) length manuscripts for Christian romance. I noticed it on the website and
Public School has left me more stressed this year. Its a rough bunch of kids this year and mine are getting the brunt of it. We've met with the principle so many times in the last few months that I'm worn out. The last two weeks (three?) I have attended lunch recess to make sure the three are safe on the playground. It chops up my day into little sections. I cant wait for the school year to end.
I'd love to read something you've written. You have a great writing style and I'm proud of you for going for it!
ReplyDelete