Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sixty days

  What am I doing? Blogging. What should I be doing? Unpacking.
  We arrived home, after the usual 6-7 hours of driving from the camas house. What is it about driving that makes sweet little cherub children turn into loud marauding bandits? We stopped at Grandma Judy's house and one of my bandits (ahem ahem Mr. Steel) snuck outside the van when we went to leave. Nothing like waving goodbye to your own child as you pull out of the driveway! He hopped back to his seat, a sly grin plastered on his face, satisfied to have given us our daily dose of shock therapy.
  We accomplished so much on our trip, building a goat pen, cleaning the barn out, burning piles of debris, and yes...envisioning living there on a permanent basis. More than one night I crawled into bed feeling older than 32. The back draw to projects and hard work is the time zooming by. It felt like we pulled in to turn around and drive back home again. *sigh*
  A box containing the correct size of heels arrived at the house during our trip away. They aren't the 4in variety I sported at last years writers conference. These mustard colored beauties could fall under the sensible category. But don't be fooled, the cone heel and x strap pull of the vintage feel without looking marmish. 
  Today marks our 60 days until moving back to the mountains. Its been sparse blogging for the last few months, I know. Once I'm out in the middle of the woods you'll be surprised how much more I have to say- till then keep checking back.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that's what I need to get me back into writing...a move out into the middle of the woods! What an exciting new chapter for your family. Looking forward to hearing all about the adventure as it unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, wait, moving to the woods? Which woods? I can't keep track of where you are anymore! Email me please!

    ReplyDelete