Sunday, April 20, 2014

to Easter

  The Easter season has its own set of traditions. In California it meant hunting baskets in the snow. In Idaho Dan and I elbowed past a thousand children in the park to find one egg that might contain cash instead of candy. In Oregon we hunted our Easter baskets inside because the weather rarely permitted for anything else. The traditions that didn't wax and wane with the years were dressing fancy for Easter Sunday, getting up for sunrise service, and being a family.
  Today instead of dressing for church I dressed my leg. Sunrise service was out of the question. Family on the other hand is a tradition not so easily shaken off by circumstance. I'm grateful for the fact my family came to be with me today. We celebrated Easter along with my youngest son's birthday. I'm thankful for the sunlight after the rain and celebrating Easter with people I love.
  As God pushes our lives in a new direction this year I have to stop squinting to see what's ahead and be thankful we have a direction to go.

He is risen!

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry to read of your burned leg - ouch! Do take care of yourself, dear girl, and know that you will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery... no infection allowed! :) Love and hugs, Rolane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Easter I fondly recall Easter sunrise services on the beach in Manzanita and I miss it so much. Those are some of my best memories from growing up on the Coast. So glad your family was able to come and celebrate with you. I think we're all often working hard to "stop squinting to see what's ahead" and just appreciate and experience the journey with God. Looking forward to watching things unfold with you in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete