We spent two weeks with Greg's family and I turned around and spent a week with my mom and dad. By the time I arrived home for good, the many nights spent on 'guest bed' mattresses had caught up with me. What's that? No, the sledding doesn't count.
I reveled in the thought of climbing into my own bed and getting a real nights sleep. After putting the kids to bed and watching a movie by myself, (Greg is back to work) I walked onto the porch and turned the dogs out one last time. I stood there waiting for them to come in, thinking how nice it was to be back... when I heard talking. My girl must have turned on an audio book? I poked my head inside. Nope. When I stepped back outside, the talking grew louder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a lone figure walking/talking to herself. All my time away made me forget about the meth zombies that live around here. I hurried the dogs inside, but not before she had the chance to call me baby. As I cradled my shotgun in bed, I thanked Jesus that meth zombies are loud and if they do try to break in, they might talk themselves out of it.
Welcome home!
Ha, they might talk themselves out of it. A hopeful thought for sure. Miss Ya here, the sledding's not the same without 6 kiddos.
ReplyDelete