Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Basketball, bling, and birthdays

  The season starts again. That's right folks basket ball! Actually, in my mind right now its,'uuhhh my aching legs..basketball.' I am playing at assistant coach again this year. That means nightly crock pot meals the kids make faces at, late bedtimes, and very very exhausted me.  It also means my writing time is pruned down to the necessary, aka the kind that makes money. This week I am sending off some devotions to Focus on the Family because its nice to get paid for words. Truth be told, after outlining an entire book, I got the urge to print the file out just so I could burn it. I cant stand looking at my work for more than a month. Now you know why I give away 90% if my knitting projects.
  Greg's grandmother gifted me the most amazing sapphire ring for my birthday. Its gorgeous, beautiful, and more than I could have ever imagined from someone not even related to me. Pictures to follow when the kids stop robbing the camera of all the double A batteries.
  Today was Greg's birthday. 33 no 34. I get it wrong every year. At least I remembered what day it was on. We went out and looked at all the stores he likes. I even sat in a knife shop for more than an hour and talked with a couple old men while Greg browsed and chatted. It was good to spend the day doing nothing, because this morning we received the, "this is what your medical insurance company wont pay," letter. Always a downer, but even worse on your birthday!
   Life is going well here as we enjoy the sweet spot of our kids childhood basking in all the silliness before its gone for good. Hmmm that end sounds just like a Christmas letter. Perhaps next year I'll write one out, stuff the envelopes and leave them in a box in my closet.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny Rolana. But your right, I can see you printing your outline and burning it. Don't, I want you to write the book so I can read it. There's no way it would be any worse than my first draft of Nineveh...

    ReplyDelete