Saturday, February 1, 2014

a few things to remember

  Wow this week has been intense. Not only is basketball proving more challenging than I anticipated, now we are looking at getting Steel tested for dyslexia and looking into what it would take to move while Greg commutes back for work. Even writing the words makes my eye twitch!
  Basket ball has been challenging because we have a number of girls that didn't start out working well together. God changed my viewpoint about coaching and helped me see that this year its more important to teach good teamwork skills (and to get along) instead of shooting drills. Its been WAY more stressful, but the girls are getting it...and working as a team is a good life skill to help develop.
  Today my girl and I rode our bikes to her friends house where I dropped her off. On our way we were discussing my outfit for the upcoming writers retreat. I've been in a dilemma, skirt or dress...dress or skirt. My girls opinion is always fun to hear because she looks at life so differently than I do. This was her answer.
  "I think you should wear a dress. You look good in dresses. Unless..are you going to be sitting down in bean bag chairs?"
  Love it! 10 year old kids look at life from a different angle, I would have never even thought of the possibility of a bean bag chair/wardrobe malfunction, but she was on it.
  My blogging has been less of late as I am pouring all my writing time into the kind that pays money. Last month I sent 6 snippet articles off and am now working on a larger project for the conference. Thanks for being a patient reader and checking back.
  Yesterday on our monthly shopping extravaganza I found a circa 1950's brother sewing machine and its all I can do to focus on writing instead of playing with it. The best part about it, other than the fact it was 25 bucks are all the foot attachments. Well that's enough for now! Catch you all next time!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you're getting paid to write! That's an incredible accomplishment. And a writing conference? How fun! And yes. You should *always* be prepared for a beanbag chair wardrobe malfunction. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5,000 words! Just 25,000 to go. Less for you though. Way to write, I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete