The heater in my jeep died right after we traded for it. No loss, anything is better than the Volvo. As the days got colder the idea of driving and being warm sounded a lot more compelling. Greg is our usual maintenance guy when it comes to the vehicles. He fixes, tunes, does oil and anything else that is needed. I appreciate him so much and thought it would be nice to just do it myself this time instead of ask him to brave a freezing garage. So I did it.
I took out the old heater motor, checked it, oiled it, and then determined it needed replacement. It was full of rust and had probably never been replaced before anyway. Greg got the part and voila! I replaced it. It felt good to do something that I usually turf to Greg because 'I don't know how' and learned a new skill in the process. As crazy as it sounds, I look forward to doing more of the Jeep's maintenance...except for the oil. Greg can do that forever.
=) I am almost certain I saw your old Volvo in town today going up the hill---I like your jeep better! Nancy
ReplyDelete