It has been a secret hope of my that my own three could follow suit. Many of my own happy memories are built on the fact my brother was there to share it with me. As kids, for a spark of a moment, everyone is moving in the same direction.
I feel like Greg and I are in the 'sweet spot' of our kids lives. They are all young enough to be required to come along but old enough to manage themselves in most situations, even resolving their own disagreements. (most of the time)
The professor came home last week and told me he and Steel had played on the playground. He usually plays by himself because he is shy, but Steel roped him into a game involving others. I suppose there are some advantages to having a giant outgoing brother. Steel is nearly a head taller than the professor and the two of them together are an unstoppable force when they want to be. Throw my girl into the equation and its a little community.
Its nice that everyone likes each other. Some days it feels like I'm outnumbered, especially when they get mad at me for disciplining. I have heard the words, "you were much to harsh with (fill in the blank)" after one gets in trouble, or sent to their bed. Seriously funny, considering the offender is sent to their room using a calm/firm voice. A part of me is proud to know that they are pulling for their sibling and I hope that when life sends them different directions they too can look back with the happiness I do.
Professor on the left and Steel on the right
Beach snow...heck any snow is so pretty


No comments:
Post a Comment